Have you ever heard the saying “what you eat is what you are”? Eat superfoods for a super you! Your health is a reflection of your diet and therefore, it is extremely important that we are mindful of what we consume. Ideally, we consume foods that don’t only fuel us but also strengthen our immune systems, protecting us. We like to think we are invincible, however an unhealthy or poor diet catches up with us. Even with a healthy, nutritious diet we can get sick, however our body is better equipped to fight illnesses and disease, and you become less prone to sickness. It is important to be well educated on what a healthy diet looks like, and so we would like to share with you some information on superfoods!
Superfoods are nutrient-rich foods which are considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. These foods support disease prevention, which is why superfoods are regularly consumed by those who are health-conscious. Here is a list of superfoods and how they (both primarily and secondarily) prevent specific health issues or illnesses:
- The higher levels of flavonoids in berries have been shown to lower the risk of a heart attack. Flavonoids are rich in antioxidant activity and can help your body ward off everyday toxins.
- Beans such as, black beans, pinto beans and kidney beans boost metabolism of sugar, and therefore aid diabetes control
- Sweet Potatoes increase carbohydrate metabolism, stopping insulin resistance, also aiding diabetes control.
- Green Tea and Black Tea have cardioprotective effects, as well as preventing neurological diseases and aging. Additionally, tea improves memory and learning skills, and reduces the incidence of arthritis.
- Royal Jelly consumption acts as an ‘adrenal regulator’. During pregnancy, some cases of swelling, high blood pressure but also eclampsia were treated with royal jelly while a positive effect is also observed in amenorrhea.
- The high fibre and amino acid content in corn improves the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Acai Berries have vitamins A, B1, C and E and anthocyanins which provide protection against cancer cells.
There are many more superfoods, these are just some examples and their positive effects.
But, sea moss is what I like to call the infinite superfood, as it has endless benefits and will improve your quality of life. The consumption of sea moss will uplift you and raise your vibration, meaning better mental and physical health. Self-care is key and sea moss is one of the best things that you could take.
Benefits are listed below:
- Sea moss is a good source of live bacteria and fibre, which are known to support gut health.
- Sea moss contains iodine, which is good for your thyroid and potentially providing support for weight loss.
- It is rich in iron, supporting and improving your energy levels.
- Sea moss has about two times more potassium than an average-sized banana. Potassium is a very important mineral that helps to support mental and emotional health.
- Improved immune function
- Caribbean natives have been using sea moss as a natural aphrodisiac for many years. Its high zinc content is thought to increase sex hormones that play a key role in libido levels.
These are just some benefits of sea moss, a natural, holistic remedy, which has become very popular, and is used worldwide, and by many celebrities.
You can purchase sea moss on our site, click here, https://www.ustunner.com/product/100-seamoss/
Enhance your mind, body, and life with these superfoods.